April 18, 2012

nesting


I thought the whole "nesting" phase had passed me over completely...well until yesterday.  I took off the whole day because I had the extra time and my 38 week appointment, so I thought it would be a good time to finish up a few things.  It turned out to be such a great day! 

My appointment went well and she said that I was a good 2 cm--unlike the "almost 2 cm" that I was last week.  She also said that his head was very low, so I could expect to go any day now!  I won't get my hopes too high, but I can't help but be excited everyday.

After the exciting news, I made my way home and started sweeping.  I felt like I had to sweep the entire house.  While I was doing that I finished washing all of Judah's necessary things and then thought that the laundry room had been neglected long enough.  I sorted the piles of clothes that have gotten trapped in baskets in there over the last 3 years and started washing and folding those too.

Joel brought lunch home, so that was nice to get to see him in the middle of the day and enjoy the soul food that comes out of the small town where he works. 

I finished sweeping and picking up things on all the counters, then had a 2-hour nap.  I woke up so refreshed that I decided to tie up a few loose ends on the phone, pump out a few thank you notes, clean the kitchen, and straighten the living room.

I also spent some time working on my main blog's redesign.  I felt it needed an update a while back and have been working on it whenever I get the energy--it's sort of a run through before I update my design blog.  Here is a sneak peek:


I even managed to read a few chapters of a baby book, sneak in a shower, and actually do my hair before dinner with our community group.  It was such a productive day that I'm thinking about taking another one before next Friday. I would love to clean the counters, mirrors, bathtubs, and toilets before having Judah.  Joel said that he'll clean the tubs and toilets, but I just may beat him to it.  I'm sure he wouldn't mind. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment