April 23, 2012

tick tock [waiting on Judah]


No baby yet!  I had my 39 week appointment today and I haven't progressed at all.  In fact, my doctor told me that she doubts he will arrive before my due date. Such a bummer!  If Judah decides to stay until past my due date, my doctor has scheduled my induction for next Thursday, May 3. 

I have mixed feelings obviously.  My plan of going natural goes out the window with an induction.  But I may talk to her next week about my options.  Maybe she can break my water and see if I progress naturally without any pitocin.  Judah's safety is our number one goal, so I just want to make sure I explore all the different avenues that come with induction before just letting them hook me up to all the machines and devices. The fact that I had the hospital scare definitely factors into the decision for her to induce me next week instead of waiting until after 41 weeks, so I just have to keep telling myself that it's not an ordinary pregnancy after all that, and I'm not just giving up on going natural.

The good side is that I still have 9 full days for him to come on his own, which I am trying to focus on instead. If he doesn't come by Monday, then I have an ultrasound scheduled to make sure my fluid levels and placenta are ok and healthy--and of course another visit to my doctor.  We're also excited that we at least have a date set.  If anything, we'll get to meet Judah by May 3!

For now, I'm just continuing to pray for Judah's health while he's still in there and for my trust in the Lord to continue to strengthen.  It's been such a long road, and I am absolutely, positively so ready to meet our son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment