April 14, 2012

38 weeks [praying for Judah]


Development Prayers:

Judah has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long. He has a firm grasp, which we'll soon be able to test when we hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. What a wonderful place to be!  Please continue to pray for his last couple weeks inside the womb that he would continue to move frequently and no more scary signs would happen. 

Symptoms:
  • I am exhausted.  I think I got my "nesting" energy around 7 months because I was an organizing/cleaning out fool.  That has yet to come again and all I can do when I get home is head for the couch.
  • I'm definitely feeling that I'm pregnant now.  When I walk, I feel so heavy and weighed down.  I still don't think he's dropped yet, so I can imagine how even more trouble I'll have walking once he's moved down.
  • I'm definitely getting Braxton Hicks to where I can notice them now.  They are still painless, but I feel my entire uterus tighten up a few times throughout the day.
  • My rings officially don't fit.  :(  I was curious the other day to see if I could get them back on, but they wouldn't even go over the knuckle.  I'm pretty sure my ankles are beginning to swell, and some of my friends tell me that my face isn't swollen in person--only in pictures a little bit, haha how is that??
  • Sleeping is getting harder mainly because of how often I get up.  I went a few weeks not having to get up as often, but now at like 12 am sometimes I'll just be craving water so much that I'll down a whole bottle without realizing it.  So you can only imagine what type of night awaits me when this happens. 
  • Still no stretch marks, but I know I'm not in the clear yet.  A friend once told me that she got them in her last week of pregnancy and another said that she saw them after she had the baby.  
  • Total weight gain is 33 lbs and climbing.  I'm interested to see what two more weeks will bring. I still have Joel beat by about 10 lbs, which is just depressing, haha
  • My next appointment is Tuesday and I'm hoping to be dilated more, but that could just be wishful thinking. :)  Right now, I'm about 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  Come on Judah! We're ready for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment