February 4, 2012

28 weeks/7 months [praying for Judah]

Development Prayers:
I am officially in my third trimester! By this week, Judah weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now have lashes. Pray his eyesight continues to develop on schedule; he may be able to see the light that filters in through the womb. Also pray for Judah's brain as he's also developing billions of neurons.  You can also pray for his fat development since he is adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Symptoms:
  • Judah is a kicking machine! We love feeling him before I go to bed since he tends to be the most active then.  He's even getting so big that sometimes when he moves, he moves the shape of my stomach--talk about cool.  We definitely felt either his head or his bottom last night since it was a pretty hard mass that moved. 
  • The closer it gets, the more anxious I become.  I had some issues with worry, but I started the devotional Jesus Calling, and it is full of wisdom concerning worry and peace.  It really helps set my mind on what I know to be true and reminds me to TRUST Him--all while giving me great verses to reference.
  • My iron is low--boo.  I'm having to take iron supplements pills at night to make sure I'm getting all the iron I need.  My numbers were borderline, but they don't mess around with vitamins, so I get to include that in my diet now.  Apparently it's pretty common and another pregnant friend of mine has to take them too--so I didn't feel so bad.  :)
  • Bending over is a thing of the past.  Anytime I drop something, it is quite the production to pick it up.  Not that my belly is so huge, but all the muscles involved in bending over or squatting just aren't pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment