March 24, 2012

35 weeks [praying for Judah]

 

Development Prayers:
Judah doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds. Pray that his kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete, so pray that he puts on weight like he should be doing at this point and has developed like he should.

Symptoms:
  • I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed with all the stuff we still need to do.  I feel like last time I updated, it seemed like I had gotten a lot done, but that was only a fraction of what's left.  It's getting harder because I'm getting tired again and I never know what days that I'll be full of energy or days when I daydream about getting on my couch.
  • My feet are officially swelling now.  My rings still fit, but I've taken them off since I wash my hands so much during the day (because I basically live in the bathroom now).
  • Speaking of the bathroom--I swear I have to go 20 times a day.  It's so ironic too because I crave water and drink about 4-5 bottles a day, so you can only imagine how often I have to go on top of having to go because of the whole he's pushing on my bladder aspect.
  • Still no stretch marks--I'm really hoping they hold off over the next 5 weeks.  I do have the pregnancy line that goes from my chest to below my stomach and my belly button is poking out loud and proud. 
  • Judah is still moving a lot, but it's definitely a different kind of movement.  Not so much kicking and turning, but just waves of movement or him poking out and then going back in--almost like he's trying to stretch out but can't.
  • Weekly appointments are beginning!  We start our weekly appointments on Monday and I have my last ultrasound then too.  Can't wait to see him again and I'm really hoping he cooperates, so they can see what they need to see.  
  • My maternity leave is approved!  I'll be taking 12 weeks and Joel will be taking 6 weeks.  We can't wait for this time to figure things out together--I'm sure it will be an interesting process. :)  I plan on just working until I can't anymore.  I'd rather be home with Judah than home alone waiting on him and have my time with him cut short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment