February 18, 2012

30 weeks [praying for Judah]

 

Development Prayers:

Judah's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in the uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)


Symptoms:
  • Little man is kicking up a storm!  I love feeling his kicks, turns, and nudges--such a great reminder that he is coming soon!  He even responds with a kick when I touch my stomach--before I get up in the mornings I like to see if he's up, so I'll rub my stomach and it usually results in a quick kick.  It's so great. :)
  • I feel like I'm entering the nesting stage--I never understood what people meant by this until I found myself working to clean out drawers,  organizing anything and everything,  and constantly being distracted by thinking of what I can do next.
  • The thought of birth has been on my mind a lot more recently.  As most of you know, our plan is to go all natural. It's something we've prayed about, researched, and attended classes for--but I know that even though we may plan for it, it might not be the route we're able to take--and that's ok too. I've been praying more about the actual delivery lately and it gets me excited--not a lot of people are supportive when they hear our plans, which is kind of frustrating, but there are those handful of people that I go to when I need to hear encouragement.  I know I can do it and I pray that it's what He has in store for our birth--if not, I know that I've used this time to not close my mind off to the option, but to prayerfully consider other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment